Thursday, October 8, 2009

Help me? PLEASE!!!!!! OUCH!?

I have an EXTREMELY dry and itchy scalp! I have somewhat medium length hair and i keep it in braided styles. I just had to take my braids out because my scalp was on fire from the open sores and the bleeding(i know eww!)! But get this, the braids were not that tight. I mean anyone that has ever got their hair braided before knows there is a certain amount of pulling that is necessary to form the braid but they were not too tight! It just my scalp is so tender that almost ANY amount of pulling usually results in EXTREME discomfort. I know it's mostly because i have not found an effective way to moisturize my scalp but i have not found any good products. I also have ezcema,although not it's not a severe case, i know it's contributing to the dryness and tightness of my scalp. I need suggestions, any good products or people out there with the same problem but have solved it please tell me how you did it! I love my braids and won't cut them so that is not an option. Thanks in advance!



Help me? PLEASE!!!!!! OUCH!?

You need to first moisturize your scalp before you can worry too much about the excema part of it. If you took your braids out that's great and step one. Leave them out for awhile if you can. Try to use Biolage Ultra-Hydrating Balm. (salon product, i'm a hairdresser) That will help moisturize...that's the conditioner, also use the shampoo. Make sure to leave the conditioner on for at least 5 minutes in the shower. If you want to outside of the shower, use it as a conditioning treatment and leave it on for 1/2 hr. Once you get rid of the sores and the bleeding then you need to focus on the excema.



Use Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner. They make a whole line even a body bar if you have excema elsewhere on your body. That will take some of the flakiness away from your scalp.



If you need to use a leave in conditioner Paul Mitchell Tea Tree also makes one of those as a leave-in/all over lotion. It works great! I have dry skin and it really does work good.



If you need anything else, just e-mail me!



Help me? PLEASE!!!!!! OUCH!?

My son has dry scalp issues and excema, the doc gave him an Rx of Hydrox- it really has helped!



Other OTC products like nutrogena T-gel or T-sal are also relatively effective. Much luck...I do suggest seeing a doc if it does not improve.



Help me? PLEASE!!!!!! OUCH!?

ok



I know its wierd but rub in lotion like any kind



preferably something soothing like Johnson and Johnson(baby stuff) but anyways



rub it in kind of like shampoo but don't scratch and leave it in there for about 10 minutes and then wash it out



and then rub it in one more time and leave it



and wash it out the next morning



repeat every day



Help me? PLEASE!!!!!! OUCH!?

ok, i know this works perfectly for people with dandruf. use 1 cup of vinegar with 2 cups of warm water and rinse your hair with it. wrap it in a towel and leave it over night. do this every other day ofr a month. it works great for that itch and dry scalp since it neutralizes the ph level of your scalp. however the only down side is the weird smell you get from it.



Help me? PLEASE!!!!!! OUCH!?

dont shower with hot water it dries out your scalp

No comments:

Post a Comment